By Nyanaponika Thera
Read or Download Abhidhamma studies: Researches in Buddhist psychology (3rd edition, 1976) PDF
Similar education books
This ebook highlights the significance of people within the shaping of postwar Japan by means of delivering an old account of ways physicists constituted an influential elite. A heritage of technological know-how standpoint offers perception into their function, assisting us to appreciate the hybrid identification of eastern scientists, and the way they reinvented not just themselves, but in addition Japan within the many years after its defeat.
Covers the weather of English legislations, that is the root of all criminal platforms through the English talking international, although a lot they could became tailored to the wishes and prerequisites of alternative nations. A finished advisor for college kids learning legislation as a part of A-Level, BTEC and GNVQ classes 'Law Made basic twelfth variation' offers a good heritage for the overall reader and a springboard to extra learn.
- Applied Theatre: Bewilderment and Beyond (Stage and Screen Studies, V. 5)
- Winning at Internet Poker For Dummies
- The Growth Idea: Purpose and Prosperity in Postwar Japan (Studies of the Weatherhead East Asian Institute)
- Adobe Creative Suite 3 Web Premium All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies (For Dummies (Computer/Tech))
- The Discourse of Enclosure: Representing Women in Old English Literature (S U N Y Series in Medieval Studies)
- The Mjølnir Impact Event and its Consequences: Geology and Geophysics of a Late Jurassic/Early Cretaceous Marine Impact Event
Additional resources for Abhidhamma studies: Researches in Buddhist psychology (3rd edition, 1976)
Insight (vipassanà) } 55. Exertion (paggàha) 56. ” The supplementary Factors (ye-và-panaka), as given in the Aññhasàliõã, are the following: 57. 58. 59. 60. 61. 62. 63. Intention (chanda) Decision (adhimokkha) Attention (manasikàra) Mental Equipoise (tatramajjhattatà) Compassion (karunà) Sympathetic Joy (mudità) Abstinence from wrong Bodily Action (kàyaduccaritavirati) " " " Speech (vaciduccarita-virati) 64. 65. " " " Livelihood (àjãvaduccaritavirati) The purpose of the first part of the Dhammasangaõã, the “Book of Consciousness” (cittuppàda kaõóa), is to give (1) a classification of all consciousness; (2) a detailed analysis of the single types of consciousness.
By the time factor the “present moment” is freed from the banality and insignificance adhering to it in the equalizing and levelling world of space and one-sided analysis. The time factor as emphasized by the philosophy of relations, invests the “present moment” with that dignity, significance and decisive importance attributed to it by the Buddha and other great spiritual teachers. Only by the synthetical method, by the philosophy of relations, can due regard be given to the time factor, because in any comprehensive survey of relations or conditions, the past and future, too, have to be considered, while one-sided analysis may well neglect them.
12. 36 What and How, philosophy is not satisfied with the surface view of reality as it presents itself to the naive and uncritical mind. Ontology, on the other hand, insists, at least in most of its systems, that the question “How” cannot be answered without reference to an eternal essence behind reality, either conceived as immanent or transcendent. Particularly in the latter case the question “How” is frequently changed into a “Why” containing the tacit assumption that the answer to it has to be sought somewhere or somehow outside of the given reality.